Dandruff can make you feel frustrating, annoying, and even embarrassing. It can get worse during winters. If you have been facing this annoying problem for a while then it’s time that you follow these natural ways to combat dandruff instead of using that expensive stuff.
Remedies to fight dandruff without using harmful chemical loaded products
Fenugreek Seeds Paste
Fenugreek seeds have antioxidant, antimicrobial, and anti-inflammatory properties. You can fight dandruff by using simple fenugreek paste and to make that you need to follow this simple recipe.
- Soak fenugreek seeds in a small bowl of water overnight.
- Mash seeds until you get a paste and add some lemon juice to it and mix well.
- Now apply the paste on your scalp and hair and leave it for at least 30 minutes.
- Wash it off with shampoo.
Amla Powder and Basil Leaves
Vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients present in amla help in stimulating healthy hair growth by increasing scalp circulation. Basil leaves can also do wonders for your hair. They rejuvenate the hair follicles, keeps the scalp cool and promotes scalp circulation. Basil leaves and amla powder for hair paste will help in increasing the strength of the hair and control hair loss. Amla powder for grey hair is also effective.
To make the paste first take some basil leaves, 2 tablespoons of each amla powder and water.
- Mix all the ingredients to make a clean paste.
- Apply the paste on your scalp and leave it for 30 minutes.
- Wash your hair with water.
Jojoba and mustard oil
Jojoba oil is rich in minerals and provides a moisturizing effect, on the other hand, mustard oil is an effective antimicrobial and antifungal agent, also it is recommended to do a patch test before using mustard oil as it can be a strong irritant for a few people. Applying jojoba and mustard oil hair is one of the best ways to treat dandruff.
- Take one tablespoon of each jojoba oil and mustard oil mix them up.
- Apply to your scalp and massage gently and wash it off with regular shampoo.
Garlic and Honey Mask
Garlic is famous for its anti-yeast and antifungal properties and honey is also loaded with antioxidant properties, which helps in reducing hair breakage, hair loss and keep the hair healthy and stronger.
- To make this mask, take a few garlic cloves, mash them and mix with 1 tablespoon of honey to get a paste.
- Apply the paste to your hair roots and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Wash it off with your shampoo.
Things To Remember
- Before you apply any of the mentioned ingredients to the skin or scalp make sure to do a patch test to check whether you are allergic to any of the ingredients or not.
- For a patch test, you need to take a small amount of the mixture and apply it on the small area of your wrist and wash it off in 10 to 15 minutes and wait for at least 24 hours. If your wrist skin remains unchanged without any redness, burning, and itching it means you are not allergic to the ingredient. If you notice any changes in your skin after 24 hours then don’t apply the mixture.
What is your favourite technique to cure dandruff? Feel free to share some good remedies in the comments section below.