Once you are in need of a new electricity connection for your residential or commercial use, you tend to look for easier ways to get a connection. The very first thing that probably comes to your mind is visiting the office physically; but did you know that you can now apply for a new electricity connection from home?
Applying Your Electricity Connection Online — Benefits
Many people find it difficult to take the help of online portals to apply for a new connection or even to pay any bills. But the truth is, there are many benefits of using online platforms to do such minor things.
If you are seeking out for a new electricity connection, you can always go to the website of the company and apply online. There are a lot of benefits of taking help of online platforms. They are –
- Saves you a lot of time and effort. You do not have to go to the office physically and stand in the queue.
- Online connections offer better convenience. All you have to do is log into the company’s website, fill up a form with all the required information and your connection request will be registered.
- Easy payment options are offered in online portals. Even if you do not have cash on your account, you can always pay through your credit card and still get a connection.
How to Apply for A UPPCL Connection Online
The Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Ltd, or UPPCL has made it easier for the users to get a new electricity connection. In order to apply for a new one, you no longer have to visit your nearest UPPCL office; all you have to do is apply online by visiting their official website.
Along with offering online registration forms for a new connection, UPPCL has also begun a new payment option, where you can opt for online UPPCL bill pay and use net banking, credit card, debit card or any payment choices.
If you are new to getting an online UPPCL connection, here is how you can get one –
- Go to the official page of UPPCL or visit this page http://www.uppclonline.com/dispatch/Portal/appmanager/uppcl/wss?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=uppcl_static_html_content&pageID=ST_18
- In this page, you will see the Consumer service page, where there is an option called “Connection Related Services”. Under “Connection related services”, the first option that you will get is “Apply for a new connection”.
- Once you click on the “apply for a new connection” tab, you will be redirected to http://www.uppclonline.com/dispatch/Portal/appmanager/uppcl/wss?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=uppcl_manageaccount_newConnection&pageID=MA_1008 page, where you have to put the Discom Name. Putting the Discom name is mandatory.
- Once you put the Discom name, and click submit, you have to put the Division and put submit again. After that, you will be required to put the following all together –
- SDO name
- Consumer type
- Load (kW)
- Once you fill all these up and put submit, you will be redirected to this page https://www.uppclonline.com/dispatch/Portal/appmanager/uppcl/wss?_nfpb=true&_windowLabel=portletInstance_manageAccount_newConnection_newConnection&portletInstance_manageAccount_newConnection_newConnection_actionOverride=%2Forg%2Fuppcl%2Fportlets%2FnewConnection%2FprocessDiscomForm&_pageLabel=uppcl_manageaccount_newConnection . Here, fill up all the required information and press submit.
Once you are done with the form, your registration will be done and you will have to take further actions.
It is easy to fill up an online form and apply for a connection. The key is to be ready with all the necessary information.
Companies like UPPCL understand the value of consumers’ time and effort. That is why they have provided the online option for almost everything. Whether it is applying for a new connection or doing a UPPCL Bill pay, or even sharing feedback on their products and services, going online is the best option for everyone. So, the next time you think about getting a new connection or paying your bills, choose to stay home and do it online.