Learn About Living and Investing in Comporta
There are plenty of things that Portugal offers potential buyers who consider settling or investing their money in holiday homes abroad. The climate is like that of Spain, their larger neighbor, but the cost of living is lower and considered to be one of the most affordable areas in Europe. If you still have some doubts about why you should buy a house or apartment in Portugal, then here is a list of things that may convince you:
- Lisbon and Porto are beautiful places in which to live, whilst the rural areas offer serenity and peace. Lisbon is a high-tech hub, but if you prefer the countryside lifestyle, then Comporta is the right place to be, and is only one-hour away by car.
- In comparison with other western countries, the Portugal population is quite small. There are one hundred and thirteen people living in each square kilometer, whereas England has four hundred and twenty people per square kilometer.
- People who are new to this place get special tax-free benefits for the first 10 years as a citizen. See the NHR Program.
- Properties here are at a very affordable price when compared with other European countries. If a person buys and keeps the property for five years, then they are entitled to apply for Portuguese citizenship. See the Golden Visa Program.
- The living cost in Portugal is one of the lowest in western Europe.
- The quality of life and safety is one of the highest in the world.
- You can get easy access from Europe, the U.S, and Africa.
- Public facilities like transport, school, and healthcare are available in all major cities.
To know the exact step-to-step details of getting a property in Portugal, you can have a view of the articles on the Living Portugal Property, website. They have the options to buy or sell property throughout the country.
In Portugal, there are many places where you can buy a property that is suitable for you. The decision of the countryside or city will be dependent on the type of property desired and the budget. Every region here is amazing and will offer multiple benefits. The following areas are worth considering:
- And many more.
There are certain things to consider before you decide on which property you would like to buy. It will just help you get a better understanding of what you need which can lead to better decision making.
- What are your desires on owning a property?
- What is the budget you are trying to get a property for?
- What is the main thing that can be the deal-breaker for you?
- Why did you aim to own a property in Portugal?
What are the requirements to buy real estate in Portugal?
- You need to apply for a Portuguese Tax Number.
- You should open a Portuguese bank account – This will make payments and transfers much easier and allow for direct-debits to be set-up if required.
The procedure to buy a property in Portugal is straightforward, whilst potential growth may over the long to medium term, make it a sound investment.