Data centers are creating a buzz in the IT industry today, all businesses are looking forward to adapting data center technology, and the Cisco 9000 series plays a key role in the process. With the 9000 series switches, IT companies are upgrading their DC networks in modern, automated environments that deliver exceptional performance. This Nexus series has provided the foundation for Cisco’s Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) and offers good savings in capital and operating expenses.
Cisco 9000 Switches Capabilities and Features
The 9000 series switches offer 9300 and 9200 series fixed switches and 9500 series modular switches with 100/40/50/25/10/1 GE switch configurations. The 9300 and 9500 switches are optimized for greater operational flexibility, while the 9200 series switches are optimized for high performance.
Cisco 9000 Series Switches are ideal for traditional or fully automated DC deployments. The main capabilities/features of the 9000 series switches are listed below, take a look:
- For L2 and L3 function provisioning, these switches provide an open object API.
- Provides extensibility across Linux and Broadcom containers, Linux shell access, and a path processor module application package.
- Makes use of the Cisco Nexus operating system API for web-based programmatic access.
2. Architectural flexibility
- These switches can be easily implemented in energy-efficient tri-tier or backbone architecture.
- Provides scalable and flexible virtual extensible multi-tenancy.
- Provides a foundation for application-centric infrastructure (ACI), providing agility, flexibility, and simplicity, as well as for automating application deployment.
- To automate fabric configuration and management, these switches are compatible with Fabric Manager.
3. Visibility and real-time telemetry
- These switches provide support for Cisco Tetration Analytics along with integrated hardware sensors for rich traffic flow telemetry and line speed data collection.
- Also offers Cisco Data Broker support for network traffic monitoring and analysis.
- Real-time buffer utilization per port and per queue, for application traffic patterns and monitoring of traffic micro-bursts.
4. High availability
- Patching and ISSU (in-service software upgrade) without interruptions in operations.
- These switches have components that are hot-swappable and fully redundant.
- Improves performance and reliability with the combination of ASIC and third-party performance.
- These switches offer up to 60 Tbps of non-blocking throughput along with latency of fewer than 5 microseconds.
- These switches also feature 100/50/40/25/10 Gbps high-density L2 and L3 Ethernet ports.
- Provides bridge, wire-speed gateway, routing, and border gateway protocol control plane.
6. Investment protection
- Allows reuse of existing 10 Gigabit Ethernet cabling plant for 40 Gigabit Ethernet with 40 Gbps bidirectional transceiver.
- Supports Nexus 2000 Series FEX in both ACI and NX-OS modes.
- These switches facilitate the migration from NX-OS mode to ACI mode.
Learn about the different models available in the Cisco 9000 switches. Like other Cisco Nexus switches, the Cisco 9000 switches also have many different models. Here, we will give you a quick look at all the models.
Cisco 9000 Series Switches are helping IT companies upgrade their DC networks in modern, automated environments that deliver exceptional performance.
The best part is that the Nexus 9000 Series provides the foundation for ACI (Application Centric Infrastructure). Additionally, these switches also offer good savings in operating expenses as well as capital expenditures. Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches offer exceptional power efficiency, low latency, architectural flexibility, proven high performance and density, increased scalability, advanced programmability, real-time telemetry and visibility, and more.