Modern cosmetic dentistry is a great option if your teeth are discolored, stained, chipped, damaged, misaligned, and misshapen. One or more cosmetic procedures can make your smile look better. Cosmetic dentist Central Coastwill work with you to create a treatment plan. This section will provide information to help you understand the many types of cosmetic dental procedures that are available.
Types of Cosmetic Dentistry
Dental veneers can be described as thin shells of custom-made tooth-colored porcelain resin or porcelain that are bonded to the front surface of the tooth. These thin shells can be bonded to the front teeth by cementing them.
Dental bonding involves applying a tooth-colored and putty-like resin to the tooth. This is a strong plastic material that can be hardened by ultraviolet or laser light. Your dentist then shapes and polishes the tooth. Bonding can restore damaged, chipped, or cracked teeth.
Different Types of Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures
There are many cosmetic options available for improving your smile.
Cosmetic dentistry has been on the rise. A few reality shows even showed how a dentist could transform nearly anyone’s smile.
Each person is different and not all procedures will work. Your dentist can help you choose the right method for improving your smile.
- Cosmetic Teeth Whitening: Also known as “teeth-whitening”, this procedure can brighten and lighten your smile. It can either be done at the dental clinic or at home. However, not all teeth can be bleached.
- 2. Dental Veneers: Veneers are thin shells made from porcelain or other composite material. They’re made to order and attached to the tooth’s surface. A veneer can be used in a variety of dental situations, such as to fix a slightly crooked, discolored, chipped, or cover any gaps between the teeth.
- Cosmetic Dental Implants: The Dental Implant is a device made of metal that replaces the missing teeth. The titanium device is surgically placed in the area where the tooth is missing. The dental implant can act as a tooth root and anchor artificial teeth such as a crown or bridge.
- Dental Crowns: The crowns, also known as caps, can be custom-made to fit over the entire tooth after it has been prepared by a cosmetic dentist. They are typically made of acrylic or porcelain, which has been fused together with metal to withstand biting stress. Crowns can also be used in cosmetic dentistry to fix badly shaped, decayed, or chipped teeth or to fill in spaces between teeth.
- Cosmetic Teeth Shaping: Also known as “enamel shaping,” is where the dentist can modify the tooth to remove or file some of the enamel. This procedure is typically painless and can provide immediate results.
- Cosmetic Teeth Bonding: Bonding involves the attachment of tooth-colored materials to the tooth. This procedure is used to fix or improve the appearance or color of a chipped, damaged, or stained tooth.
- Orthodontic Treatments for Cosmetics: Orthodontics doesn’t just work for kids. Many adults are now seeking treatment from orthodontics for cosmetic reasons. Ask your dentist to determine if an orthodontist could help you with crooked, buck, or buck teeth.
Talk to your dentist to discuss the things you’d like to see changed and which procedure would be best for your needs. If you are not covered by dental insurance, cosmetic dentistry might be out of your budget.
To find out more about all on 4 dentures be sure to visit The Point Dental